Analytics is a module in Repbox that allows for more advanced reports and can pull from many different modules to compile information. This module is by far the most useful yet hard to grasp within the whole Repbox system. This article will attempt to layout the basics in setting up a report. If you are still having problems with a report after following these instructions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Repbox Support for help.
First, to find the analytics module you go to the top bar within your Repbox window and click "All"
When the drop down loads, if you look to the far right column, you should see Analytics as a tab under the Analytics Column.
Once you select the Analytics button, the Report Folder page should load. Here you can Add Folders to store various reports in, Edit Mass scheduling and permissions for reports, and Build reports.
To build a report, you will have to click the "Report Builder" button found to the left of the search bar.
Once you select this, the Report Builder window will load. Here you will need to
1.) Select which folder the report will be stored.
2.) Name the report
3.) Give a description of the report (Optional)
4.) Select the "Report Type" (This option will almost always will be "Standard"
Once this information is filled out, direct your attention to the bottom where the Green + Sign and Save buttons are.
Here is where you will set up the modules you would like the report to pull from.
Once you select the box, a list of all modules will appear in a list. Choose the desired module.
The Green plus (+) sign give you the ability to add other modules to the report. You have the ability to add as many modules as you would like, however the relations need to be correct for the report to work properly. If you are seeking to build a complex report with more than 3 modules, it is recommended that you reach out to Repbox support.
Once you have selected the modules you would like to add to the report, click the "Save" button. At this point a new window or tab will pop up. This new window/tab will contain the report.
- Save: This is where the save button is, to save the report at any point, hit this button
- Save As: This is if you were to save a template report and wanted to save a duplicate report, hit this button and rename the report.
- Delete: if you wish to completely delete the report, hit this button.
- Back to reports: this button takes you back to the "Reports Folder" page.
- Export to PDF: This exports the report in PDF form
- Export as .xlsx: This will export the report in an excel format
- Export as .xlsx with Headers: This will export the report in excel format with header columns
- Filter Tab: This is where you set up the conditions of your report. All or Any Conditions.
- Fields Tab: This is where you select which fields or information to specific records you would like to populate in your report
- Calculate Fields Tab: This is where you set up if you would like information to be calculated in any way.
- Aggregate Tab: This gives you the ability to show a sum, count, or average of any fields chosen.
- Grouping and Sorting Tab: This is where you decide how you would like your information displayed in the report.
- Rename Labels Tab: Give you the option to rename Fields in the report.
- Templates Tab: If you have a report template that you would like the report to be displayed in, upload it in this tab
- Sharing and Scheduling Tab: This is where you can set up sharing and permission rules for this report, while also setting up when and to whom the report will be sent out and the frequency of it being sent out.